What Are Cookies?
How Do Cookies Improve Shopping Experience?
There are a few simple ways that Cookies help the shopping experience;
- Recognition: Cookies help us recognize that you are a returning customer and we immediately go about making sure that you become a loyal one. This means that as soon as you log on, you will be shown to all the new products, deals or offs that might be going on.
- Privacy: Reading up on cookies some people might think that they are like spies and that does not paint a very pretty picture of the usage of cookies. You, the customer should rest assured that no personal information is being carried elsewhere via the cookies. After all, privacy is a very important human concept and should not on any account be trespassed upon.
READ ALSO: HOW DO I SEARCH FOR PRODUSCTS?
How Are Cookies Used?
Now that we understand how cookies improve the shopping experience for you, it is necessary to understand what they actually do, and also how they are absolutely not tracking or sending any personal information to other places that you do not want that information to be.
Cookies are used for:
- Analysis purposes: One of the first things a Cookie used for is analytical purposes. While you are on the site, cookies track your movements to see what kind of product you are most interested in, how long you stay at a particular section of the store, which section and products are you most interested in, which ones do you ignore entirely and so on. Other than helping us personalize the site it also helps us tell our jewelry manufacturers which products are more popular among the masses than others.
- Language And Personalization Purposes: Another way that cookies help us by asking the customer to log in their nationality so that the site can be open to you in your own tongue rather than a foreign language. It also helps by reading up User preferences and goes a long way into making your searches more convenient.
- Target Marketing Purposes: There are many websites that use third party partners, like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to market their products. As you know cookies log in your preferences and they help us advertise your favored products on the social media websites that you use. These advertisements are meaningful and interesting to you as each ad is personalized according to a User’s preferences.
- Security Purposes: Cookies are also used to protect the website from harm and theft including those of a cyber-nature. Cookies can detect anyone logging on to the website anonymously or otherwise and immediately alert the security department as to what is going on, they also help protect any information that you might have saved on their servers, for e.g., your address, phone number, name, etc.
What Is The Best Way To Manage Cookies?
Look For Updates
- Websites as successful as Da Jewel are continually updating their privacy policies so make sure that you look at the updates that are being done. We will always provide you with a notification when an update has been done and you can easily read up on them via the website. Cookies are an essential part of having an optimal experience in shopping and now that you know exactly how we use them, we hope that you are more comfortable with the idea of them.